Saturday, December 17, 2011

I was sitting here in my recliner and thought about back to my days with Palm Harbour.  I worked on James Island Charleston, S.C. a few times.  On one occasion, I called Cathy and asked her if she wanted to come down and spend the week end with me.  Billy Herring, one of my brother-in-laws told me about a trip that he and my sister Lou took to Charleston, it was a Mama outing of sorts. 

Billy told me of an AWESOME oak tree that you would have to see to believe.  It is apply named, "The Angel Oak".  It is estimated to be any where from 500 to 1500 years old.  Oak trees are susceptible to heart rot, therefore they are unable to take a core sample to determined the exact age of the tree.

If you have never been to view such a grandeur as the Angel Oak, get off the couch and burn some gas!!! It is well worth the drive to the low country. 

No comments: