Tuesday, May 19, 2009

mama and her baby boy;)

I want to thank the Lord for Mama. I also thank the Lord for blessing her with so many years upon the earth. She is 81 years old. She has had to endure so much in the past few months. She fell and broke her hip on December first while trying to navigate a dark parking lot at a local restaurant. She had to have surgery that went amazingly well. She then had to deal with a stint of rehabilitation at Heath South. I did not find that to be be a very good venture, to say the least.

My brother in law, Billy and I were able to bring her home for Christmas day. We thank the Lord for those few hours together. Mama had a difficult time leaving her house and family to go back to Health South for her remaining therapy.

When she completed her rehabilitation, she stayed with my sister Dale, until we could complete the remodeling project on her bathroom. That is a posting all of it's on.

I said all of that, to say this. Mama walked on her own Sunday without the use of her walker or any one holding her arm. Praise the Lord!!!!!!

No comments: