Monday, May 4, 2009

marriage is ordained by God


Cathy and I celebrated our 31st anniversary Saturday May the 2nd. I want to take this opportunity to let Cathy know just how much I love and thank my Lord for you.
Cathy, you are my wife, bride, lover, friend, finical adviser, confidant, critic, an understanding heart, my doctor when I am sick, a shoulder for a grown man to cry on, my Saint on this side of the grave, "just call me butter, cause I'm on a roll;~}" you are my spiritual adviser. I could go on with many more adjectives and superlatives to describe my blessing from God, Cathy.
I was telling some of my co-workers about mine and Cathy's 31st anniversary. I received some interesting comments to say the least. One said something to the effect of , "to the same woman?" One said WOW!!!! that is a mild stone this day and age."
I guess the one that I was most taken by was offered by a young woman. She asked if this was the first marriage for both of us. She went on to ask, with a big smile of approval on her face, how many kids do you have? Then she asked a some what troubling question, "do either of you have kids with anyone else?" And of course I affirmed emphatically, NO!!!! She was almost gitty, she told me that she would love to have a real man in her life to take care of her. My Bible tells me that they two become one flesh. It also states that a man that finds a wife finds a good thing. I found a GREAT THING! Cathy. I love you baby.
I am looking forward to many more happy years together with you. All of my heart, Dean

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Love it !!!!! May God's richest blessings be upon you both is my prayer & may He bless you with many, many more happy years together. Great wording---God Bless from Cassandra's Mom

Daniel Balboa said...

Dean,
Got your message about the Blogspot set up. I created it from scratch.

Hit me up with my normal email. Daniel AT Balboaphotography dot com

I'll just give you the code if you want.

Anonymous said...

I hope Mark and I can make it that long! You two are an amazing couple and we love y'all!-Jenna