Thursday, August 2, 2012

dean and cathy's bridal portrait from 1978

Cathy and I have always loved this shot of the two of us.  It is so hard to believe that it has been 34 years since we exchanged vows to each other.  Cathy had an 11x14 done of this image when we first wed. 

She had been talking about having it reprinted in a larger size for some time. Time was taking its toll on the whites in the print, so she called 803 Labs in Myrtle Beach to find out how much it would cost to have it digitized and then printed in a 16x20 print.

Mr. Leslie Graham shot our wedding, and did a stellar job.  We have always loved his efforts that he puts into every shot.  Mr. Graham shot my sister Pat and Jerry Altman's wedding the year before. Cathy was so impressed with his attention to the job at hand that she decided to book him for our special day too. 

I dare say that when Cathy saw Pat's shot like the image above, she was sold.  Mr. Graham shot this pose with a Bronica medium format film camera.  This artistic effort is referred to as a double exposure. He had me to stand in front of the white wall near a window, then shot Cathy at the alter in the same frame that he shot my image in.  all I can say is, "SWEET".

dc is working on perfecting this process with our digital camera.  I still love my bride, and I still have her on my mind. jamesdean

No comments: