Friday, August 3, 2012

Life Dean and Cathy style 2011&2012

Life is such an interesting journey, and I dare say, that that is putting it lightly. Cathy and I got married in May on the second day of the year 1978. We have stayed together through thick and thin, highs and lows, good and bad, plentiful and lean times. Well, I think that I have used enough adjectives to describe our journey thus far in our quest called LIFE.

God has been so gracious to both of us through our blissful years as one. We have never separated, we have always worked out our differences together. We have had our moments, disappointments, set backs failures, laughter, high moments, successes and so many more I could mention.

I wish that I could turn back the hands of time to the moment just before Katie and Brad's wedding day ceremony. For it was on that beautiful blissful day that my soul mate, Cathy fell and broke her foot.

I remember the day as if it were yesterday. I didn't see her fall. It was as if one moment she was standing there and the next she was gone. All I can remember is, the fact that she did not jump back up to her feet after her fall.

I was standing in a pew, in my socks of corse, getting ready for the next posed shot the moment that Cathy fell. Britney Jones ran to her side, and I dropped my nikon on the pew and flew like Batman in the Dark Knight.

We comforted Cathy as best as we could. It was evident that she had damaged her left foot pretty badly. Swelling had begun to prove to us what we prayed had not taken place. Someone dialed 911 for an Ambulance to come to take Cathy to the ER.

Cathy's Uncle Elbert followed them to Marion County Medical where she stayed in waiting while I stayed behind to capture Katie's nuptials.

It was one of the longest nights that I have ever had to endure. The wedding was beautiful. I captured some sweet moments in time for revelations later in Brad and Katie's life as one.

I held out as long as I possible could. I I tried keeping my focus on the job at hand, it was so difficult knowing my bride was there suffering and I could not be by her side.

I made it to the reception where I continued as best as I could. I captured the newly wed couple entering the room, cutting the cake and a few more moments in time.

I asked Katie if it would be ok for me to get Britney Jones to capture the balance of the day. Katie is such a sweetheart. She and Brad told me to get out of there and go to your bride.

A special thank you to the guy that shot the video for Cathy, can't think of his name right now, Brittney for helping Cathy when she fell, Brad's sister in law for helping me after the wedding with posing the group and keeping me entertained, Tootie for picking up after me, Elbert for staying by Cathy's side and missing out on all of the good food.

With all of that said, low and behold, on May 15th I hurt my left knee at work. I thought it was getting better and then on June 9th while stooping down to take a picture, I popped my knee out! nuff said.

I wish I could have taken upon myself all of the sufferings that Cathy has gone through. Well low and behold, this happens to me. I really thought that Workman Comp would have paid for my medical and paid me for lost time at work. They denied my claim and Lewis said that I did not get hurt on the job. Words to the wise, if you get hurt on the job, GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!

Wow! Where do we go from here? I don't know! Thanks to the friends and family members that have come to our side to help hold us up. From meals cooked for us, Brenda, Sister Arliss and Joel Thompkkns, to cutting our grass Larry and James. A card that would have a piece of money in it to a friend stopping by or calling just to let us know that they are praying for us. I don't mean to leave anyone out, if I have don't be upset with me, thank you too.

Thank you to my Sister Dale for the help that she so selflessly gave to help Cathy and I. Can't leave out Lou, another one of my sisters. I thank you for all of your benevolence. I love my family so much. God bless all of you.

Cathy's Aunt Tootie is my buddy. She is a sweetheart. Thank you for caring for us.

I want to say, "Thank You" to Dr.Ross Taylor and everyone at Coastal Orthopedics, and David and Tammy at Marion Therapy for taking such great care of Cathy.

As for my care, a very special hooray to Marion Orthopedics and Dr. Jerry Schexnayder for everything that you have done for me and my knee.

Now we are in somewhat of a catch22. Dr. Schexnayder has me out of Tree work for a couple more weeks. I have been out of work since May 8, 2012. Please pray for me that Cathy and I will shine again very soon.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

It has been very hard for us this year and through the ups and downs, God has always been there. I love you, Dean and hope for better days ahead......:)))))