Friday, August 3, 2012

Don'y Give Up...Preacher Bill Jacobs Often Quoted

Cathy posted this on Face Book today and I had to bring it over to my blog.  Preacher Bill Jacobs' voice rings in my ears as he re sights these words of encouragement to his congregation during so many sermons that he Preached to us, at the Mullins Marion Free Will Baptist Church. 

This posting is a well timed reminder to me personally. I thank my Lord for all of the sermons and insight that I was able to glean from the wisdom of this awesome man of God, Preacher Bill.  I miss him so badly. 

I have had so many people insinuate or just come right out and accuse me of worshipping Preacher Bill.  I have never bowed my knees before this man of God, nor do I place his memories before my Lord and Savor Jesus Christ.  He was my Pastor for a very long time.  I held his opinion very highly and respected him to the highest esteem. 

He always held me to a higher standard, challenging me to aspire to greatness through study of God's Word and much prayer.  His LEADERSHIP was second to none that I have had the pleasure and opportunity to server under the tootliage of.  His wisdom  preceded him.

I have always recognized his imperfections, as he attested to himself, however; I can tell you this, he was a very astute, vivacious, charismatic, and strong man of God. Even given all of his strong ambitious attributes, he was a very humble man. 

Oh that his predecessors would have the wisdom of God to recognize the Legacy, no, I dare say, his Godly legacy, to be as Elisha of Old did as he picked up the mantle of Elijah and cried out to the same God of Heaven, "Where is the God of Elijah?"  He asked for a double portion of what God had poured out on Elijah, not that he would do twice as much as Elijah to try and out do him.

To God be the Glory, GREAT things He hath done.  Please pray for me, that I will get back into the very center of His will for my life.  He has and continues to be so good to Cathy and I.  I want to get back to doing what I can for His glory. 

jamesdean

No comments: